What We Do…
Our purpose is to ensure that all sports people have the opportunity to lead, coach and compete in a safe, efficient and equitable high performance coaching environment.
We do this in the following ways:
We engage with coaches around the Globe, building networks and provide supportive platforms for coaches to connect, share and develop.
We create change within sports federations to ensure a learning culture that is equitable for male and female coaches.
We support our partners to create their own change for female athletes, coaches and leaders in their respective sports.
“We don’t just tick boxes, we make change happen.”
The Change We’ve Made
Over the last 9 years, we have worked tirelessly to build the Female Coaching Network’s reach and impact on the World of sport. We have interviewed hundreds of elite coaches, met with sports federations around the Globe and addressed some of the biggest barriers to women in sport.
Since 2020, we have worked with some of the biggest organisations, federations and teams in sport including the likes of Nike, World Athletics, UK Athletics, Tottenham Hotspur, USWNT and Spar International.
We create innovative solutions to the age old question of ‘how do we increase the number of female coaches in sport?’. Here are just some of the tangible impacts we have had to date:
- Created and delivered the first fully paid internship for a female football coach at elite English football club Tottenham Hotspur
- Published the research paper ‘Achieving Gender Equity in High Performance Athletics coaching in the UK’, in partnership with Leeds Beckett University
- Pushed for female coaches to be part of the Olympic Pathway GB & NI Track & Field Team, with the first female coach joining the 2021 European Athletics Indoor Championship team
- Supported a number of elite sports people with Safeguarding issues in their sport
- Created a unique strategic approach to gender equity in high performance Track & Field coaching alongside UK Athletics, and resulting in an increase of a number of female performance coaches throughout the sport
- Advised and guided a number of Track & Field federations on best practice leading to gender equity in high performance coaching including; World Athletics, European Athletics, Athletics Canada, Athletics Ireland, England Athletic, Scottish Athletics
- Created a proactive European based communication platform for female sports leaders and coaches
- Selected by the USA Women’s National Soccer team as She Believes Amassadors
- Mentored a number of performance coaches through their pathway to performance
If you are interested in working with us to create more change, please get in touch: email@example.com